Jobs and apprenticeships at Château de Grande Romaine
Enjoy all that Paris has to offer, all year round!
Previously a three star hotel and the base for The Brazilian World Cup team in the 1998 tournament, PGL’s flagship centre in France is an impressive building to say the least. Set in 70 acres of private grounds, Château de Grande Romaine employs over 40 members of staff for almost 12 months of the year.
As a Tour Leader you will spend your working days in Paris and leading excursions to other famous French attractions and whilst working in any other role on centre - you can do the same on your days off. With organised staff entertainment, sports clubs and social events there is always something for everyone to do!
Great for: Improving your language skills, spending your days off in Paris, sports clubs, Footballers (the annual PGL ‘Le Tournoi’ is held here every year) and visiting Disneyland Paris and other tourist attractions
Season: All year round; January - December
Number of guests: 300 (10-18 years old, Schools, Families and Unaccompanied children)
Number of staff : 44
Accommodation style: Staff accommodation is mainly in twin rooms with en-suite showers.
Staff facilities at Château de Grande Romaine include:
- Outdoor heated swimming pool, open from May - September
- Indoor bar + Pool bar
- Basketball courts, Boules pitches, Cinema room, Full size football pitch, Gym, Tennis, Volleyball
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Staff laundry facilities
- Staff room
- Climbing wall
- Initiative exercises
- Low ropes course
- Zip wire
- The Louvre
- Eiffel Tower
- Arc de Triomphe
- Notre Dame
- Bastille area
- Disneyland Paris
- Local French market
Château de Grande Romaine is in the French town of Lesigny which has been the set for many films and adverts. The château is set in 70 acres of private grounds which you can explore until your heart is content on foot or bike. Practise your language skills in the local shops and towns or jump on a train and head into Paris. With Paris just 20 miles from the centre you can spend your days off enjoying a coffee in a Parisian café or exploring all that Paris has to offer including the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Sacre Coeur and Montmartre and Musee d'Orsay. You can even spend the day at Disneyland Paris.
Our flagship centre in France. Great for educational tours, land-based activities and family holidays; just 20 miles from Paris.
- The Château was the base for the Brazilian football team during the World Cup in 1998
- Also the base for many other famous European football teams
- Home of the famous PGL ‘Le Tournoi’ annual football tournament
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are old! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957 (almost 60 years)
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!