Jobs and apprenticeships at Dalguise
A stunning outdoor centre built into the picturesque Perthshire landscape.
Dalguise is situated in almost 60 acres of Perthshire forest with stunning views over the Grampian mountains and Tay Valley. Behind the 18th century Scottish manor house the Craigvinean Forest opens up into an outdoor activity paradise. You would be forgiven for missing the activity bases at Dalguise as they utilise and are built into trees.
Although the centre gives the illusion of being in the middle of the outdoors there are a number of nearby towns and Edinburgh and Glasgow are just over an hour away. The tranquil peacefulness of this beautiful centre is only disturbed by the buzz of PGL and the sounds of PGL guests and staff having the time of their lives.
Great for: Mountain Biking, walking, paddling (River Tay and a plenty of Lochs!), ski fields just an hour away and climbing (Two great climbing crags just a ten minute drive away)
Season: February - November
Number of guests: 440 (7-16 year olds, Schools, Families, Indies, Youth Groups and Uniform Groups)
Number of staff: 100
Accommodation style: Shared rooms located either within the manor house or in a nearby staff block.
Staff facilities at Dalguise include:
- Staff room with TV, DVD player, and pool table
- Laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi in communal areas
- Excellent personal adventure opportunities
- Burn Walk
- Challenge Course
- Forest Hike
- Giant Swing
- History Trail
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Nature Trail
- Problem Solving
- Quad Biking
- Raft Building
- Rifle Shooting
- Sensory Trail
- Sequoia Scramble
- Survivor Team Games
- Tree Climb
- Vertical Challenge
- Zip Wire
Down the road from Dalguise, you will find Dunkeld with a number of unique shops, bars and restaurants. Dunkeld also has banks, a post office and supermarket - everything you need for day-to-day life as well as deep fried chocolate. For what you can’t find in Dunkeld you have Perth 18miles away. Perth has everything you would expect from a city including cinema, bars, clubs, restaurants and shops. There is also the Dewar's Centre where you skate and bowl or even try out curling. The local area also provides some wonderful outdoor opportunities with paddling on the river Tay, two great climbing crags just a ten minute drive away and plenty of scenic walks.
You can’t talk about Dalguise without mentioning two things, Beatrix Potter and big trees!
- Dalguise was formerly the summer home of Beatrix Potter
- Set in 58 acres of the Craigvinean Forest
- The centre’s grounds are home to six of the UK’s ‘Champion Trees’ – the biggest of their kind in the country
- Near to Birnam wood made famous by Shakespeare in his play Macbeth
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are experienced! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957, thats 60 years!
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!