Jobs and apprenticeships at Windmill Hill
With amazing on-site facilities, set in the Sussex Downs – Windmill Hill is a fantastic place to live and work.
An impressive Grade II listed mansion house set in 21 acres on the Sussex Downs, close to Hastings, Windmill Hill has a huge range of on-site facilities in its 21 acres, with several small lakes and an indoor sports hall. You could be spending warm, summer afternoons off relaxing on the side of the outdoor pool or enjoying the bright lights of London or Brighton – neither of which are far away.
Windmill Hill employs over 100 members of staff and so you’ll always find someone to spend your free time with. Catering for a wide range of PGL guests there is a job role for everyone’s skills and abilities.
Staff facilities at Windmill Hill include:
- Large indoor sports hall and heated outdoor pool
- On-site 'Newt and Badger' bar and 'The Loft' disco area
- Staff room with TV and DVD player and tea and coffee making facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- All Aboard
- Ball Sports
- Challenge Course
- Giant Swing
- Problem Solving
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Raft Building
- Rifle Shooting
- Sensory Trail
- Tunnel Trail
- Zip Wire
- Day trips to London and Canterbury
- Half day trips to Hastings and Brighton
Only 1.5 hours from central London on the train or 30 minutes from Brighton – Windmill Hill is perfectly situated for taking advantage of what the south of England has to offer! If you want to stay closer to home then Hailsham town centre is 4 miles away, with pubs, restaurants, a cinema and leisure centre. Essentials like the local pub, post office and bus stop (with services to Hailsham and Hastings) are only a 5 minute walk from the centre. Herstmonceux Castle, Science Centre and Observatory are also within a 5 minute walk from the centre. If you fancy ‘monkeying around’ then Drusilas Zoo is only 9 miles away. Golf, horse riding and swimming are all available close by.
All of the activities are close to the main building making the centre cosy and friendly but what else makes working here so great?
- Had a £7 million investment in 2009
- Great location – 1.5 hours from London, 45 minutes from Brighton and 1 hour from the Channel Tunnel
- Windmill Hill is a Grade II listed mansion house
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are old! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957 (almost 60 years)
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!