Jobs and apprenticeships at Winmarleigh Hall
A great place for exploring the great outdoors and meeting some lifelong friends along the way...
Winmarleigh Hall is a 19th Century country house set in 50 acres of gardens, parkland and woodland with a large, purpose-built lake. Close to the historic city of Lancaster and the Forest of Bowland, which is a designated Area of Natural Beauty this is a great place to explore the north of England. All activities take place on-site but you can use your time off to explore the local area.
The southern Lake District is an hour away and provides a playground for walkers, canoeists, mountain bikers and climbers. For those seeking a great night out or an afternoon by the seaside the centre is only 15 miles from the bright lights of Blackpool.
Great For: Walking, cycling, exploring, visiting the Lake District, canoeing and making great friendships
Season: February - November
Number of guests: 280 (7-17 years old, Schools and Unaccompanied children)
Number of staff: 75
Accommodation style: Staff are accommodated in twin rooms within a purpose-built staff accommodation block. During summer months, some staff may be accommodated within the main guest accommodation complex.
Staff facilities at Winmarleigh Hall include:
- Staff room with TV and DVD player
- Staff pool table
- Free Wi-Fi access in most communal areas
- On-site laundry facilities
- All aboard
- Giant Swing
- High Ropes
- Intitative Exercises
- Jacob's Ladder
- Quad Biking
- Raft Building
- Team Challenge
- Vertical Challenge
- Wobble Bars
- Zip Wire
The surrounding area of Winmarleigh Hall offers an endless list of things to do during your time off. The South Lake District Peninsula is only an hour away and provides a playground for walkers, canoeists, mountain bikers and climbers. For a fun night you can get dolled up and venture out into the bright lights of Blackpool which is approximately 15 miles away. Winmarleigh is also close to Lancaster and Preston, which offer various shops and leisure activities. If you want to stay closer to home, Garstang, the local town, has a range of pubs, shops and a leisure centre with swimming facilities. The local pub is also within walking distance.
Winmarleigh Hall is situated in a fantastic part of the country and, if you’re adventurous, is within distance of lots of exciting things to do. However, Winmarleigh Hall also has a fascinating history. Here’s a few things you might not know:
- Winmarleigh Hall was built in 1871 for the 1st Baron Winmarleigh
- It was designed by famed Lancashire architects Edward Paley and Hubert Austin
- The house was enlarged and altered in 1915–14, and altered again following a fire in 1927
- PGL acquired the property in 1998
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are experienced! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957, thats 60 years!
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!