PGL Head Office
PGL have an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and tenacious sales person to join our dynamic Sales team based in Ross-on-Wye.
As the new PGL Sales Executive you will join the team in effectively managing sales leads from new and existing PGL clients. With a diverse range of products across the outdoor activity market you will be responsible for your own geographic territory and work with a mix of interesting customers looking for an outdoor experience to remember.
Contact type: Permanent
Wage: £18,000 OTE
- Effectively managing sales leads from new and existing PGL clients;
- Proactively contacting and managing relationships with all groups who have enquired or previously travelled with PGL;
- Maintaining accurate records of each enquiry/booking using the computer based systems;
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators to ensure that individual performance targets are met;
- Meeting individual monthly and annual performance targets for bookings and revenue;
- Contributing to departmental monthly and annual performance targets for revenue and bookings;
- Using sales techniques effectively to overcome hurdles and objections in closing sales;
- Working closely with reservation teams to ensure clear communication during enquiry and booking process, using CRM and Res systems (as appropriate) to accurately log customers’ needs;
- Exploring the sales opportunities within your assigned region in order to maximise bookings from both existing and potential customers;
- Managing bookings from point of sale to confirmation to ensure the highest possible conversion rate from option to booking;
- Supplying customers with all the information they require regarding their prospective holiday in a timely manner, to handling telephone calls and correspondence for schools and group bookings;
- Ensuring payments are collected in a timely manner by proactively chasing payments and working closely with the reservations teams to send invoices etc;
- Providing accurate information about customers to the reservations teams and other internal colleagues/departments in a timely manner;
- Helping Party Leaders to overcome issues as they launch their trip to ensure that the maximum number of trips go ahead;
- Maintaining accurate records of each booking.
We’re looking for somebody who gets a buzz from securing sales and is pro-active and tenacious in following up leads. You will have previous sales experience and enjoy working to challenging targets.
Additional skills and experience will ideally include:
- Experience in a customer service role – must have the ability to listen to customers and proactively seek to meet their needs;
- Strong personal organisation skills – ability and experience of effectively prioritising workloads and multi-tasking in a busy open plan office environment;
- Confident and polite telephone manner;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literate with experience of Word and Excel;
- Keen attention to detail;
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team and to adhere to strict deadlines;
- Experience of dealing with customers via telephone and email;
- Previous experience of working with schools and groups or within other travel industry sectors.
PGL's Head Office is based at Alton Court, on the outskirts of the small town of Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. Up to 170 people work at the site and as a result, PGL is one of the town's key employers. Alton Court is a sociable, energising place to work.