Sales Support Executive
PGL Head Office
We are looking to recruit a Sales Support Executive in the Sales Team based at PGL’s Head Office. The team handle sales of all Adventure UK and Overseas products to both new and retained groups.
This role supports the Sales Team in maximising profitable sales for PGL with new and existing clients by selling the benefits of travelling with PGL, and building successful relationships with schools, groups, and corporate clients.
As a Sales Support Executive you will explore new sales opportunities, source new sales leads and maintain accurate and detailed records of all contacts made. You will cover Sales territories as and when required, particularly during periods of absence and peak season.
Contact type: Permanent
Wage: Competitive basic and up to £18,000 OTE
- Effectively managing sales leads from new and existing PGL clients;
- Proactively contacting and managing relationships with all groups who have enquired or previously travelled with PGL;
- Maintaining accurate records of each enquiry/booking using the computer based systems;
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators to ensure that individual performance targets are met;
- Meeting individual monthly and annual performance targets for bookings and revenue;
- Contributing to departmental monthly and annual performance targets for revenue and bookings;
- Using sales techniques effectively to overcome hurdles and objections in closing sales;
- Working closely with reservation teams to ensure clear communication during enquiry and booking process, using CRM and Res systems (as appropriate) to accurately log customers’ needs;
- Exploring the sales opportunities within your assigned LEAs in order to maximise bookings from both existing and potential customers;
- Managing bookings from point of sale to confirmation to ensure the highest possible conversion rate from option to booking;
- Supplying customers with all the information they require regarding their prospective holiday in a timely manner, to handling telephone calls and correspondence for schools and group bookings;
- Ensuring payments are collected in a timely manner by proactively chasing payments and working closely with the reservations teams to send invoices etc;
- Providing accurate information about customers to the reservations teams and other internal colleagues/departments in a timely manner;
- Helping teachers to overcome issues as they launch their trip to ensure that the maximum number of trips go ahead;
- Maintaining accurate records of each booking.
- Experience in a customer service role – must have the ability to listen to customers and proactively seek to meet their needs;
- Strong personal organisation skills – ability and experience of effectively prioritising workloads and multi tasking in a busy open plan office environment;
- Confident and polite telephone manner;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literate with experience of Word and Excel;
- Keen attention to detail;
- The ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team and to adhere to strict deadlines;
- Effective and confident in dealing with customers via telephone and email.
For further information please see the job description and personal specification below:
If you have any further question regarding this role please contact the Recruitment Team on 0844 371 0123 or at email@example.com.
PGL's Head Office is based at Alton Court, on the outskirts of the small town of Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. Up to 170 people work at the site and as a result, PGL is one of the town's key employers. Alton Court is a sociable, energising place to work.